Rick Torbett is the founder of BetterBasketball.com offering Basketball Instructional and Training Videos offering detailed teaching for coaches and players. Torbett is also the creator of the Read and React Offense, one of the most popular and successful basketball coaching series on the market.
Scoring Without the Ball
- Explains techniques to increase your basketball IQ and develop the skills most players don’t have.
- A chapter on how to react properly to your teammate’s dribble penetration.
- Scoring Without the Ball is 3 hours, 30 minutes long.
- Shows the skills in live game scenarios by incorporating pro international footage.
- Bonus sections with perennial All-Star Jason Kidd and Hall-of-Famer Nancy Lieberman.
- Get an edge on your competition by mastering this often overlooked skill set.
Don’t Just Get Open; Get Open to Score DVD – Key Facts
- Scoring Without the Ball is the most advanced player improvement video ever produced. The techniques in this video will increase your basketball IQ, and help you develop a set of skills the vast majority of players do not possess.
- The video explains the basics of moving without the ball for younger players, but much of the DVD is geared toward advanced concepts for high-level players and coaches.
- Of the video’s seven chapters, the longest (24 minutes) is on how to react to your teammate’s dribble penetration, an essential skill because the drive is the most common offensive act in basketball today. Included in this chapter is an explanation of Circle Movement. (In short, if defenses are taught to rotate and help one direction, offensive players should rotate the opposite direction!)
- Offense without the ball is an essential skill to becoming a complete player, but is almost totally overlooked in basketball today. This video will give you an edge!
3 hours, 30 minutes! – What’s on the DVD?
- Sections on every aspect of playing without the ball, including getting open when denied, running the fast break, the give and go, using screens, setting screens, and more.
- With footage from men’s and women’s international pro ball, sharp graphics, and professional filmmaking, this video will not only enhance your basketball IQ, but is entertaining too!
- The video contains bonus sections from Hall-of-Famer Nancy Lieberman and future Hall-of-Famer Jason Kidd.
- Once a player or coach has a grasp on the fundamentals, he or she should watch and study Scoring Without the Ball. The video is the most thorough and groundbreaking study on playing without the ball ever conducted. And with pro footage proving the techniques work in real games, it’s a fact that you’re going to benefit from applying the techniques in this DVD.
- Men’s and Women’s international game footage is used on Scoring Without the Ball to illustrate the video’s techniques. This means you’re watching professional players and coaches use the exact skills and moves being taught in this DVD.
- Bottom line: the techniques on the video are used by pros to score points, and they can be used by you to score points.