---THE 1ST SESSION IS NOW CLOSED---
Better Basketball Academy presents Read & React Workouts 101
Rick has been hard at work designing online coursework for Read & React coaches! The first of these will be Read & React Workouts 101.
This course will give current Read & React coaches the opportunity to learn directly from Rick as he takes them through 12 Read & React Specific workouts in 6 weeks.
Class begins July 1st, registration deadline for this session is June 30th at midnight ET.
Each week, coaches will receive:
-2 New Teaching Videos
-A PDF of the Workout Plans
-1 Live Video Chat with Rick (will be recorded for those who cannot attend live)
-Optional Online Testing to gain our endorsement in the subject area
We call each training session a “workout” but they’re much more than that. Rick's goal in each session is to accomplish about six things at one time with your players:
1. Teach the Read & React – both the big picture AND the details.
2. Teach all of the drills that I will be using during the season and why we do them.
3. Expose your players to the skill sets that they need for the Read & React.
4. If those skill sets are not up to par, then we need to teach those skills. My philosophy is: If we’re on the floor, we need a Player Development component to whatever it is we’re doing.
5. Situational training – what I mean by this is: During these sessions, I’m going to show the players the situations where they APPLY those fundamental skills of player development.
6. Conditioning – lots of reps – confidence comes from high amounts of successful reps. There’s no way around it!
In each workout, Rick explains the big picture – and - how each new drill links to that big picture. Also, he explains how the new drills link to the previous workout! We’ll then show you enough of each drill for you to get the setup, the rotation, the teaching points, and any player development skills that are relevant.
You will receive an e-mail with login information & a complete syllabus/schedule for the class on July 1st at 9:00am ET.
*Please note, the online classes are separate from our VoD library, and are not part of the All Access Video on Demand package.